The Stakeholder Group was formed to build consensus for the project.
Stakeholder engagement is a critical component in ensuring that the Southeast Regional Rail Plan reflects the goals, priorities, and needs of the target states and their communities.
The Stakeholder Group will collaborate on the Plan by sharing and considering information about potential network connections, existing and forecast regional demographic trends and travel patterns, economic activity, and noted capacity constraints in the current and future regional transportation networks. They will also identify the institutional requirements and financial arrangements required to help realize that vision.
The stakeholders will:
- Help identify a conceptual SE vision for an integrated high-performance, regional intercity passenger rail network
- Share, collaborate on and consider all needed analysis inputs
- Identify potential future joint or distinct passenger/freight corridors
- Identify needed institutional, governance, and financial arrangements
- Consider the full range of opportunities and constraints, as well as state and regional priorities
- Strategize future planning activities and priorities
- Consider potential roles for public-private partnerships